For a horse owner, the loss of a beloved animal can be devastating both emotionally and financially. And while equine mortality insurance can't diminish the grief of losing a horse, it can help to soften the economic impact.
We offer several flexible coverage options because we know that horses (and their owners) are unique. All Risk Mortality & Theft coverage is a comprehensive policy that reimburses you for the death, theft and humane destruction of your horse.
- Agreed value settlement (except racehorses)
- 90-day extension clause for certain qualified policiesGuaranteed renewal coverage added at no additional charge (except racehorses)
- 24-hour claims serviceEmergency colic surgery expense added at no additional charge, with optional buy up limits
- Optional Medical/Surgical and Surgical Plans available
- Private Horse Owner Liability coverage can be added for an additional charge
- Affordable premium rate as low as 2.85% of value (certain age, use and breed restrictions may apply)
- No vet certificate required (for horses valued under $50,000 and with no pre-existing health conditions)
NEW Coverage Available - Equine Essentials
This new affordable coverage for horse owners is now available to add to their horse mortality insurance policy. The Equine Essentials Enhancement is designed to assist with the extra expenses that may occur when owning a horse. For as low as $8 a month, coverage may be provided for horse equipment, emergency evacuation, and necropsy and burial expense, when added to your horse mortality policy.
And for your convenience, we offer large scheduled policies with deductibles, plus other important equine overages. Call 800-504-6773 for details. Online application not available.
NOTE: Not all coverages are available in all states.
For more information, please call 800-50-HORSE (800-504-6773) or emai l [email protected].